Tecomak has been offering safety cabinet services, including testing, for 14 years and has considerable experience of repairing all makes of cabinet. We are the only service company that provides a range of decontamination and repair services using BOHS P601 qualified engineers.
Microbiological safety cabinets are widely used in a variety of healthcare settings such as pathology departments and research laboratories. Often the samples being worked on involve material which could pose a threat to human health, so it is essential that lab workers are protected from exposure. It is also vital that extracted air is correctly filtered and vented so that it cannot become a hazard for people outside the facility. Microbiology safety cabinets are the primary line of defence for lab workers and the wider public, so it is imperative that regular safety cabinet testing is carried out to ensure ongoing levels of protection. Regular scheduled maintenance (ideally carried out at the same time as testing) is also important to prevent breakdowns and minimise facility downtime.
Our Safety Cabinet Testing and Maintenance Service
Our safety cabinet services include:
Comprehensive commissioning and routine inspections to BS EN 12469:2000 including KI Discus Operator Protection Testing.
- Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide and Formaldehyde bio-decontamination.
- Electrical and mechanical repairs.
- Cost effective HEPA filter replacement services.
- Cabinet relocation services.
- PVC ductwork and fan repairs and installation.
The quality and value of the service we offer is key to our success. Our standard level of service includes:
- Providing hard and soft copies of test certification with fault schedules and recommendations.
- Using a database system to manage client assets, ensuring timely service reminders.
- Offering Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide/ VHP decontamination to minimise downtime.
- Buying filters and other spares direct from the factory suppliers to offer best prices.
- Using the same engineers for each visit, ensuring continuity.
- Holding stock of standard parts to reduce downtime.
- Providing free technical support and advice.
If safety and quality really matter, please contact us for a personal and dedicated approach.